Interval Timing for Data Collection!
NOTE: All third-party timer apps run on iOS devices have the possibility to not perform as designed as a result of Apple’s multi-tasking priority designation. For best performance, Interval Minder should be run in the foreground of your device. To ensure your device does not go into sleep mode, set your device’s Auto-Lock to “NEVER” in Settings / General. In Settings / Notifications, turn ON notifications for Interval Minder.
The Interval Minder is designed for use by Educators, Behavior Analysts, Psychologists, and other professionals who regularly engage in data collection. This tool may be used for a variety of purposes, including :
- Improving educational outcomes for students
- Data collection
- Personal use
- Educators may use the tool to remind themselves to provide attention/praise to student(s) at pre-determined, regular intervals
- Students may use the tool support an individualized self-monitoring intervention
Behavior Analysts, Psychologists, and other professionals who collect data on human behavior may use the tool to collect interval data:
- Interval data collection
- Partial-interval data collection
- Time-sampling data collection
Individuals may choose to use this device for personal use:
- Parents may use it to remind themselves to provide positive feedback to children at regular intervals.
- Individuals may use it to help support therapy goals and self-monitoring goals.
- Employees may use it to remind themselves to take motor breaks when working long hours at a desk.